Westminster Neighborhood Association
Notice of Monthly Meeting Agenda
For Tuesday, April 26, 2016
To be held at 922 Westminster (basement) starting sharply at 7:00 p.m.
Come meet your neighbors and get involved in keeping your neighborhood clean, safe, and attractive. The scheduled items include:
- Spring Playground Improvements – We’re making great progress and getting everything we have asked for. Some unexpected requests have come up while the DC Dept. of Gen. Serv. has been making these repairs/changes/improvements. We’ve been asked to cover about $6,000 of our requests and will be voting on this at the meeting. We are still shooting to have it all completed by April 29.
- Semi-Annual Spring Clean-up – This is scheduled for this Sat., April 23. Please do your best to participate that morning, from 9 am – 12 noon.
- BEST Kids Mentoring Program – Danny Silbert will come to our meeting to explain what this program is about and how we can help some of the students in our area.
- New Trees – Thanks to the work of member Sandrea Ballestero during the last year, we received about 10 new trees on our blocks this week.. If you live near any of them (& especially if it is on your sidewalk), please make arrangements to water them (they all have ‘gator bags) once per week for the next two years.
- Treasurer’s Report – Our treasury is still strong. This makes us strong. Remember, your dues are due on a calendar year basis. By paying your dues, you increase our membership and this makes us even stronger.
Note – You can pay your annual WNA dues on PayPal (you don’t have to be a member). Just go to Paypal.com , go to “Send Money,” and put in the name of firstname.lastname@example.org.