Westminster Neighborhood Association
Notice of Monthly Meeting Agenda
For May 26, 2015 (Tues.)
(To be held in the Westminster Playground if weather permits;
otherwise at 922 Westminster (basement)]
Starting sharply at 7:00 p.m.
Come meet your neighbors and get involved in the shaping of your neighborhood during 2015. The scheduled items include:
- 8th & T Lot Presentation – Our speaker will be Matt Engel from Manna, Inc. They were the successful bidder on development of that parking space behind the Hospitality Charter School. Come hear of their preliminary plans and provide your input.
- Hospitality Charter School Site – Word is out that this site has been sold to Hollow Creek Investment Group who will seek variances from the zoning regulations to build 29 condo units versus the 7 units that would be permitted w/o a variance. We will determine at our meeting whether we have the capacity to get involved.
- Movie in the Playground – In conjunction with the 9-N-U Business League, we will be doing a trial showing of a movie in the Playground, set for Sat., June 6, at 8:30 pm. We need volunteers to coordinate this and help determine if we will be showing other movies this Summer (YouTube has some great movies that we may be able to download).
- Block Party This Year? – We had discussed having our block party in the Fall when it is a bit cooler (Sept.). If so, we need some volunteers to put this together. Although our previous coordinator, Lauren Aitkin, has moved she is happy to assist.
- Treasurer’s Report – How many paid members to we have? Do we have enough funds to paint the Playground fence or can someone work on getting our promised grant?
- WNA Website –We need someone to assist this Committee to carry on in getting the WNA website up and running.