September 23, 2016: Due to the temperature going below 80 degrees, the playground water feature has been turned off for the season. It’s been a great summer. Thanks to all of you using the Playground for helping to sweep the wood chips off the concrete and clear of the drains.
Should we get a heat wave, we will consider temporarily turning back on the water feature.
Westminster Neighborhood Association
Notice of Monthly Meeting Agenda
For Tuesday, September 27, 2016
To be held in the Playground if weather is nice; otherwise in the basement of 922 Westminster starting sharply at 7:00 p.m.
Come meet your neighbors and get involved in keeping your neighborhood clean, safe, and attractive. The scheduled items include:
- Speaker – Will be Brad Gudzinas who is running to be our next ANC Commissioner. Hear his ideas about our local issues and share your thoughts with him.
- DC Statehood – Our second speaker will be Lesley Morton on behalf of an organization working to make DC statehood a reality. Come here about whether this has turned from a possibility to a probability and what we can do to help.
- Cameras in our alleys? – Some folks have been asking if there’s some way to get cameras installed in our alleys to help with the safety issue. David Levine has been following this topic and will share what he has learned.
- Semi-Annual Fall Clean-up – Time to start preparing for our Fall Clean-up. We have chosen Sat., Oct. 29, for the event. If there is anything you would like cleaned or repaired, let us know at our meeting so we can gather a posse to do it.
- Treasurer Report – We’ve collected our annual dues from most members. If you haven’t paid yours yet, we need the funds to count you as a member. Just send a check for $15 ($5 for seniors) to WNA at 912 Westminster St. NW and let us know your address. Note – You can pay your annual WNA dues on PayPal (you don’t have to be a member). Just go to Paypal.com, go to “Send Money,” and put in the name firstname.lastname@example.org.